12.14.2009

another busy/fun weekend

hi friends who read my blog,

as the subject line states, i had another fun and busy weekend which meant i didn't get a lot of pictures taken.  though i should have taken some since i was at two parties on saturday.  ah well.  i did attempt to take a picture of someone's christmas decorations.  they have no less than 20 trees in their yard made of strings of lights.  i'm guessing there's a center pole and then strands of lights from the top are attached to the ground to make a cone.  (if that made sense at all...i'm not so good at the spacial thinking stuff.)  i wonder what their neighbors think of this every time i have passed it...especially because there are probably 8 different colors going on and they are concentrated in a moderately-sized front lawn.  regardless, my photo attempt with the iPhone didn't really work out and instead looked like trees were on fire.  i also attempted to take a picture of the huge tree on campus that has white lights on it while i was going down the hill, but that one also didn't work out and i figured i should be paying attention to driving.

for those two reasons i will be recycling some photos for today's post.


i posted this picture on my facebook page a while ago, but it's too fantastic to not highlight on my blog.  i saw this car in the parking lot of one of our local grocery stores and just had to take a picture of it.  it's cheetah-tastic.  (unless those are leopards...then it can be leopard-licious.)  please note that the interior is also covered with leopard/cheetah spots.  all the seats.  the steering wheel.  you get the idea.











this next photo is one of me sitting in the window of my rented room in austria.  i had a fantastic view!  my 9 months in austria were wonderful and i can't believe it has been a decade since i was last over there.   i really hope to get back to europe sometime in the not too distant future.  i've been thinking about applying for another fulbright and doing some research there.  if i do, i hope i have a view as good as this one! (don't judge my sweater vest.)




this last one is a picture i didn't remember that i had (which is a little pathetic because it's from october of this year.)  this is me and my nephew luke and niece cami when i visited them in st. louis for my brother's birthday.  are we cute?!  i can't wait to see the family at the end of this week for our christmas celebration!!



okay, back to grading for me.  i'm pretty sure all my posts this week will end that way.

No comments: