4.14.2005

busy body

so advising has been really really busy lately. it's registration time so i've been helping lots of undergraduate sociology majors pick classes and decide on minors and all that fun stuff. there are some really rewarding moments (like when i talked with a student about graduate school and research for a while) and some that are very frustrating (like when i have to tell people that they can't graduate or can't substitute a class that they though they could and almost cry). sometimes it's hard to stay motivated and helpful when i have my own stresses too. i told tim that i wouldn't be surprised if people were outside of my office right now waiting to talk to me tomorrow. his response was "you're more popular than aggie football." to which i retorted "the list eater is there right now eating my schedule off my door." :)

just a few more weeks of classes...and then...more advising for the summer. :)

No comments: