10.25.2005

sweet irony

so my classes today were supposed to read chapters 1 and 2 from a book called the mcdonaldization of society by george ritzer (i have an extra copy if anyone wants it). the book is all about how the ideals of fast-food restaurants have permeated into other aspects of our lives. for examples, check this out: McDonaldization and/or Another McDonaldization site.

where is the irony? it lies in the fact that after my classes were over i rushed to my car, rushed to just brakes, and then rushed to wendy's to get a fast lunch. :) so..maybe ritzer has a good point. :)

in other news, i'm busy as hell, getting excited about my parents coming to visit this weekend (any ideas about a fun Sunday day trip?), and the looming exams are less than two weeks away. *shits pants again*

1 comment:

Shells said...

you know with all the pant-shitting you're doing you're going to have a really good excuse to go shopping! :-D and for sunday, have you taken them to messinahof? probably but that's my suggestion. i thought it was cool, mom really enjoyed it too. and yay samples of wine!

another note, my 'secret' word for commenting looks like "whats fuck". lol...