10.14.2005

piece of shit car

i always joke around that as soon as i get my car paid for that it will immediately self-destruct and fall into a million pieces. well apparently my hoopty is not going to wait until it's paid off (which is about a year away!) so here's the run down on the piece of she-at!

1. i was driving the other day and a screw fell out of the ceiling and onto my lap. it turns out it holds my sunvisor in place. so my car was raining parts on me the other day, as soon after i was pelted with a screw, the plastic piece that was being held on by the screw also took a dive.

2. yesterday i was relishing in the awesome weather (thank god it's finally cooling off...mother nature was having some serious hot flashes here in texas for a while! damn!) and so i had my windows down. but not all the windows, since the driver's side one won't go down anymore. that will be convenient for my drive-thru needs. and on the way to work today i had the passenger window down and for a while it wouldn't go up again. this scenario made me hate automatic windows. luckily it did go up and now won't come down again. excellent.

3. my car is loud. this one is my fault. it is badly overdue for a tune up and now it sounds like one of those giant pick-ups that guys pimp out to make louder (which i don't really understand.) so i need to suck it up and pay $500 or whatever to get all this shit fixed. makes me think of the song "ode to my car" by adam sandler. and it also makes me wish i had won or will win the lottery or something so i can get a new ride before i go outside to find the saturn upside down and on fire. :)

peace out!

p.s.-thanks for all the messages, emails, and thoughts last week. sorry i haven't responded yet to a few of you. dad is doing well and got to go home yesterday which he was very excited about. :)

3 comments:

SaraJ said...

Sorry to hear of the car woes. Aggieland Automotive does a good (and relatively cheap) tune up... they saved my del sol a number of times.

Fr.Dennis said...

I love Kate and hope that her semester is going well.

Shells said...

my saturn pos (aka 'old and busted') did the same thing! my driver's side window stopped cooperating a good while before i got rid of it; it got arthritic, worked way worse when it rained! :-p