8.25.2005

fumes are getting to me

so i had an idea earlier, when i was stopped at every single red light from my house to blinn and from blinn to snowflake donuts, about what i wanted to post today...but now i totally forgot.

they are doing some sort of painting or refinishing in the dome of the academic building and i'm getting high from the fumes. inadvertent huffing going on in my office today.

i was reading my friend dennis's weblog today and decided to check out the comments and i was really disturbed to find that people were using his comment space as a place to advertise stupid shit. i'm assuming these aren't people he knows. it just seems wrong. dennis is sharing his thoughts about faith and god and posting his homily topics for the week and people are then using that space to post about touring clay aiken's house. i have a feeling that this rant will result in a bunch of spam comments on my blog. but i just thought it was pretty shitty so i'll risk it.

let's see..other stuff. i'm in the process of writing a syllabus for the courses i'm going to teach this semester. i think that grown-up schedule that i've been trying to avoid is finally going to attack me now. guess i'm due to have one at age 29. :)

6 comments:

Timmie Smith said...

Blog comment SPAM is the newest thing apparently. I've had a couple on my blog about investing in lumber operations that I deleted. It sucks, but the only other option is to password protect the comment ability, and that keeps some folks you might want to hear from posting.

Comments can be deleted though, it is just something that is a time-consuming hassle.

"inadvertent" huffing indeed. Admit it, your outside your office hanging over the railing to get a hit. :)

Kate :) said...

*blinks slowly*

neeeeeeed oxygen!

so how do you go about deleting comments you don't want on there? maybe it's straightforward and i couldn't figure it out in my psycadelic daze.

woooooooooooooo spinny desk!!! ;)

Kate :) said...

by the way,did the lummber ad say:
"i've got wood"? if so maybe it was an ad from something else!

*meow!* :)

Timmie Smith said...

Ok, I knew it was possible to delete others comments. You doubted me, but I'll still tell ya how to do it, mainly to prove I wasn't smoking crack.

Login to Blogger. Then click on the name of your blog. Click on the View link of the post with the comment you want to delete. Down at the bottom of the post, below all the comments, click on Post a Comment.

This takes you to where you would normally write a comment in the box on the right of the screen. If you'll scroll down to see the bottom of each comment you'll notice a small grey trashcan underneath it. Click on the trashcan begins the process of deleting the comment. After you click on it you click on the 'Delete forever' checkbox and then click on Delete Comment. Viola! No more crappy comments.

Booya!

You may now delete this comment so you can forever deny that I was right. :)

SaraJ said...

Poor Kate... the REC is refinishing floors and their redoing crap in Academic... the whole of the A&M system is trying to get Kate high so she can't do her job(s)(s). It's apparently Aggie Administrators hate-on Kate day.

Fr.Dennis said...

I love Tim Smith! He helped me get rid of crappy spam.