6.19.2005

progress

i had a pretty low key weekend. got to hang out with a bunch of my friends which was rad. also got 20 mosquito bites on friday night. bastards! mosquitos suck! har har.

so i went to mass tonight. i've been kind of a fair-weather catholic for a while now, which i've wanted to change. it's funny how every time i go to mass, there is something about it that speaks to exactly how i've been feeling or helps me put some problem i have into a better perspective. tonight was no exception. the readings talked about fear and how we shouldn't stress so much and have more faith. and we got to sing the song "Be Not Afraid" which is one of my favorites and has special meaning for me. (mike would have been ranting because of all the guitars and saxophones and stuff.) i know that people reading this come from all types of different backgrounds and perspectives on religion and faith, and i'm definitely not trying to push my stuff on others. totally not my thing when it comes to religion (had my own experiences with pushiness that were icky bad..so i'm pretty open-minded about this). mostly i just wanted to share that when i went tonight, i felt safe and peaceful and just good. i think that time is something that i need for myself. i used to not go because i didn't want to go by myself, but now i think that alone time with my faith is what i need. i don't get enough quiet time in my day to day, week to week life, so i think this will be a regular thing for me. part of my self-improvement plan.

and i'm happy to say that my working out and stuff is paying off. i'm fitting into some pants that haven't fit in a while. wooo! took a three mile bike ride today and then had to come home because it was so damn hot.

happy father's day to all the dad's out there.

No comments: