4.22.2010

Do you want me to tell you something really subversive? Love is everything it's cracked up to be. That's why people are so cynical about it. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for. And the trouble is, if you don't risk everything, you risk even more. --Erica Jong

this is a fantastic quote....and i find myself believing that it speaks a lot of truth.  that's probably especially easy to say today, when i'm feeling very happy and nostalgic thinking about the last 6 months.  half a year ago, todd and i went on our first date.  i remember feeling really nervous and super excited.  i bought a new outfit.  i was pacing around my apartment and i think talking to a few of you online.  i was a bundle of nerves.  i think i remained in that state for our first few dates actually.  :)  now, six months later, i'm very much in love and so happy that i get to share my life with someone so fantastic.  it feels like i've known him for much longer than six months...and it also seems like the time has flown by.   it's crazy how time works like that sometimes.

so, again i find myself on the couch very excited for todd to pick me up to go out for sushi (though not nervous.) i love you, todd.  thanks for all that you bring to my life...happiness, laughter, joy, interesting movie/music knowledge, hilarity...and love.  it sure is all that it's cracked up to be.

2 comments:

Pemuda Internet said...

nice to meet you...
visit my blog please.. :)

Jean said...

Yay, Kate! And Todd! Yay, all of it, really!