4.23.2007

something i didn't think i would say or do

an abq friend asked me on saturday if i'd like to participate in a 5K run in two weeks. i thought she was crazy when she asked me....the kid who has been riding the fitness struggle bus for a while. but after thinking about it, i think i might try to do it. and i might as well track my progress here. the even is called "run for the zoo" and i suppose if anyone wants to make some pledges you could. it will help animals and stuff. :) and if you donate money then i will feel obligated to actually follow through. :)

the race in on may 6th and i'll be working on getting ready for it for the next two weeks. regardless, it will feel good to have accomplished this and maybe it will help me stay motivated to keep on truckin'...i mean runnin'.

so as of today, i ran 3.1 miles (or 5k) in 42.5 minutes. hopefully i did the math right. the gym will only let me put in 30 minutes at a time and i knew i needed at least 45. :) maybe i should try to run outside?

anyways, if you want to pledge, send me an email or something. hope everyone had a great weekend.

1 comment:

Timmie Smith said...

Go, Kate, go! You're already running that far, you've got it.

I like running outside a heck of a lot better than on a treadmill, but that is me. A treadmill doesn't have curbs or waterpipes that jump up to trip you. Maybe just the sidewalks in B/CS have those nice features though.

If you want to find an outdoor route and don't have a pedometer to track your distance I recommend http://gmap-pedometer.com .