4.20.2006

a glimmer of hope?

i asked our department head about his advice regarding finding a job at the university. before he gave me his advice, he offered me 2, possibly 3, courses for the fall. SO...that is a good thing right? the bad thing is that i still would rather find a full-time position. you know, one that would pay me enough to get out of debt and would come with benefits. i'm grateful and i took the classes and told him i would let him know if anything changes. if i teach again i would need to find something else anyway...or see if profs want to keep giving me money to do research.

a bit of good news on an otherwise uneventful day.

actually...that's not quite true. a bunch of profs at UT are letting me talk to their classes next week about my research which will TOTALLY help me get interviews. party time...excellent!

No comments: