1.27.2006

toot my own horn

on wednesday a few students came up to me after the lecture and let me know that they were really trying to get into my class, because their own section of intro was "horrid." in between classes i always get some lackluster coffee at the student union and while i was in line a girl told me that she really enjoyed the lecture and that her boyfriend was actually disappointed that time was already up. all of that was very nice to hear and leads me to believe that i'm doing a pretty good job with that class anyway. it's kind of funny because i was intimidated by that course since it's huge compared to the others. but the students seem to be interested and engaged in the lecture for the most part. i know i'm not reaching everyone but i'm reaching a lot and they seem to really enjoy the class. they participate, they take notes, and they ask questions. it's totally awesome and a pretty big change from my experience last semester at the community college. the other two courses are going alright too. the subject matter is less interesting and since i've not taught it before it's more challenging. but overall, i dig this teaching thing. i don't want to be a bragger, but i think i have some skill in this area and it's something i really like. woo!

all else is well in ABQ. making friends. enjoying the view. can't wait for my new camera so i can show ya'll some pictures of my new digs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay, Kate! I knew you would be so great.

Shells said...

woo! fightin' texas aggie teacher-kate! :-D miss you girl!