10.14.2010

"maybe i should friend him on facebook?"

a year ago today i was sending my awesome friend carrie emails about how cool this new guy todd was after hanging out with him unexpectedly at trivia.  even though i had been on campus for 12 hours and looked like crap, i must have made a good impression, since he accepted my friend request and even responded to the email i sent him on my way to NYC to hang out with shelley.  before i knew it, we were planning our first date (october 22nd) and sharing witty banter via facebook email.  i'm not sure if either of us would have predicted that less than a year later we'd be sharing a beautiful apartment with two adorable kitties.  what i did know was that i thought todd was extremely funny, handsome, and intelligent and someone i wanted to spend more time with.  and i had this really good feeling about the potential relationship we could have.  :)

todd said something this  past weekend about how it's been a while since he's felt like everything in his life was working out.  i definitely knew what he meant.  it seems like in the past either my relationships were good and my career was insane or my career was good and my relationships were insane.  it's amazing to finally have both things being great at the same time.  sure, there are things i would change about my job if i could, but overall i'm very fortunate to be doing what i love.  and life with todd is really a dream come true.  i know that's corny and he might mock me a little for that level of cheesiness, but every day is better than the last.  there are so many things that i love about him and about our relationship together.  i'm so glad that he decided to come to trivia a year ago and that i decided to take a small step forward by making him my friend on the FB.  so many wonderful things have happened in the last year.  and i know that we have so much more good stuff to come.

i love you todd!

No comments: