6.16.2008

i'm keeping the post office busy

about a year ago i was preparing for the big move to iowa. little did i know that i would be moving my stuff THREE times in about 9 months. now, happily, i'm settled into my new apartment (well mostly.) things change, and among them was my address. :)

i thought i'd post a few pictures so you can see the new digs.

this is a view of my living room from the door. the area near the window is a cool alcove that overlooks the street. i put my desk up there with visions of me doing work at my window ala carrie bradshaw. right now though there is too much stuff up there.



this is another view of my living room. it is very cozy and i like it (note the new furniture...thanks to craigslist, a family in peosta wanting to unload this great furniture at a low price, and those who attempted to and/or succeeded in getting it into my apartment...which was not an easy task.)



this is my bathroom....there is a shower on the right that you can't see from this shot.





a few shots of the kitchen. not the biggest kitchen i've had but i like it a lot. there is a HUGE pantry and plenty of room for all my stuff. now if i can only get rid of the GIANT black ants that have been hanging around.





here's my bedroom. nice sized. love the really big closet (complete with mirrored doors) and that there is plenty of space. there's even a cool little window area that currently has a not so beautiful "window treatment." gotta work on that. :)





so this is the new place. i like it and the price is ridiculously good. i'll be here for the next 11 months at least. :D come visit! by then i'll have my art on the walls and everything finally put away. or at least i hope so.

1 comment:

SaraJ said...

Cure for HK ants: rubber bands. The big thick ones. Put them by the windows and doors. Something about the smell of photodegrading rubber keeps them away. Green and cheap.
Seriously. If it works on ants mutated by who only knows what, it might work on Iowan ants ;)