2.02.2007

back from the edge of my seat

so last time i posted about my on-campus interview and today is the day that i heard one way or another. unfortunately, i didn't get the position and they decided to go with another candidate. there are a number of possibilities for why that is, so i'm not beating myself up. it is disappointing though because in a lot of ways i thought that would be a perfect position for me. but as a wise sage told me this afternoon, who knows what doors are still opened up now. :) i still have a few irons in the fire in terms of on-campus interviews and stuff like that. and so i pull keep my chin up and find some wine this evening.

on a brighter note, today is my last day in the stupid job that has been driving me crazy since july. yay for some time to work on my dissertation and get my shit together.

everyone have a good weekend!!

2 comments:

SaraJ said...

Sorry chick.
You should listen to your sage... they are indeed right.

(There are lots of Sociology jobs in HK right now! ;)

neeta said...

Oh Kate.. :( sorry about the job. You are right though - you never know what might come along now and you have to believe that it's going to be something better! Also, I have to say, phooey to St Louey! Don't know much about the school, but there are much cooler places for you to settle temporarily geographically.

If you want to grab a cupcake sometime lemme know.