12.25.2005

happy holidays

hi friends,

i haven't updated in a while. my immediate family always does christmas on some day other than christmas, so we did all our gifts and food and everything on monday night. it's weird to be over with christmas before it even starts. it was fun to spend time with everyone though. i got to meet my new niece and play with my nephew a bunch! luke is talking a lot which is a bunch of fun.

i've been sleeping a lot this week and getting little things done for the move. and i got my hair done. gotta love free cuts and colors from my aunt. i'm now much closer to my natural color, which is very dark.

the sad news is that my grandmother went to the hospital yesterday. she has pneumonia, which is not a good thing for an 83 year old woman with 1 and 1/3 lungs. she had TB when she was a young woman which resulted in diminished lung capacity long ago. she's hanging in there through high blood pressure, a fast pulse (about 90 resting), and very labored breathing. i'm off to see her now. say a prayer for her continued health.

hope this post finds all of you happy, health, and enjoying this special time.

2 comments:

Fr.Dennis said...

Merry Christmas to you, too.

Shells said...

Keeping my fingers crossed for a good move for kate and good health for grandma monkeypoop. :-D Happy New Year too!